Please Follow These Steps To Make The Perfect Massaman Curry
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1 Chicken breast (sliced)
20 ml Cooking oil (preferably rapeseed or vegetable oil)
Ingredients that you will need that aren't included:
10 gm Roasted peanuts (for garnishing)
100 ml Chicken stock or water
250 gm White rice (preferably jasmine)
1. Peel and cut the potatoes in to chunks, boil until cooked and set aside.
2. Lightly fry the onion with a drop of oil in a pan and set aside.
3. In an empty pan add ¼ of the coconut milk with the massaman curry paste and star anise.
Bring to a simmer then add the sliced chicken and give it a little stir.
4. After a couple of minutes add the rest of coconut milk and water, bring to a boil then add the
palm sugar and cooked onion. Cut the carrots in to cubes and add to the pan.
5. Leave it to cook for around 15-20 minutes then add the fish sauce and cooked potatoes.
6. Once you are happy with the taste, bring the massaman curry into a serving bowl and sprinkle
with roasted peanut, best served with freshly boiled rice. If the curry isn't sweet enough, add
more palm sugar to suit your preferred taste.
Note: Your cook-at-home kit contains enough ingredients for at least 4 portions, if you would like
to cook a larger portion please increase your ingredients accordingly. You also don't have to use
chicken, we also recommend using pork, beef, prawn or tofu, they will all taste equally delicious!
20 gm Palm sugar
80 gm Carrot
60 gm Onion
6-8 pcs Potato
20 ml Fish sauce
400 ml Coconut milk
1heaped tbsp Massaman curry paste
2 pcs Star anise